The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gate to my Garden


Garden Enclosed

Come with me through my garden gate and see the fruits and flowers and all that the lord has planted inside his garden. I just taught Song of Solomon today, and the King calls the Shulamite, his garden enclosed, a fountain sealed. He invites his friends into His garden. And invites the south wind and the north wind to blow on His garden.

This painting was done in an art class many years ago. I can not take credit that the design is mine, but the work is mine.  This is hanging in my daughter's home in Grass Valley, California.

Petal Tips!  This painting is tighter than I usually do, but on the other hand I painted it loosely. The particular artist I painted this with had a similar style as mine in watercolor.

It is funny, to tell you off the top of my head exactly how to paint it, I can't remember it. How I would paint it today in my style would be a little different, but I would get the same effect. 

meanderings~~~~ Maybe when we borrow words or ideas, they are not really ours.  Those thoughts have to be  tested in us until they become ours, then they will come out different in the language and style that is uniquely ours

We borrow words from great masters, then one day we surprise ourselves we wrote those words and can not believe we penned such words. . We take art lessons and we learn a certain trick or a new way of doing things and we incorporate it in our own work. It is impossible not to learn from others.

 I love this painting and find great joy in it. I am glad my daughter and family are enjoying this one too.

I love to meander with you in my garden of color. these paintings are so much more than paint on paper or canvas, they speak of an inner emotion or spirit that has uniquely been worked in me. I never mind you copying my work because I know that my touch is different from yours. It might be the same subject but it will not be the same feeling. We need each other. I thank you for all that you have given me over a life time, and I hope I have returned the favor.  

  .

No comments:

Post a Comment