The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Monday, November 8, 2010

The Cactus Flower

As  I filed through my photos of flowers I happened on this one, "Cactus Flower".I love to paint cactus with their blooms and pads. I have written many things about the cactus flower growing in the dry desert.

The Cactus Flower (Mixed Media 20X24)

Petal Tips!  This mixed media was fun to do. I used the cactus pads as part of the design. They are rough and with a lot of texture along side the delicate flowers. I started with a 300# watercolor paper, painted in the design in watercolor, then I added white acrylic in strips, showing creases in the pad. I added needles inside the creases just to give the impression they are  pads. 

It is an impressionistic painting so I had the liberty to paint the cactus pads turquoise, peach and purple. I used the white acrylic also to show the highlights on the flowers. This was a fun one and very rewarding.

Meanderings~~~~~ Yes, flowers can bloom in the desert, I know, because I have. The dry seasons of my life have made me go deep into the Word, prayer and faith, and eventually I come through with a new countenance.

 We can not do anything to bring about the flowers but yield to Him who has made us. It is the Holy Spirit working in us who will bring about His work in our lives. I am always amazed as to the gifts that seem to pop up in us as we wait on Him.

Such as writing. It is not my chosen profession, but it just seemed to happen. Yes flowers can bloom in the desert without water from the earth. It needs the dew in the morning and the rain from heaven to be what it is suppose to be. I pray for you grace upon your heart and hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment