The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Friday, November 5, 2010

Pears in Gold

Pears in Gold
This painting is one of my favorite. I probably say that about every painting I paint. I love it when a painting takes me to another height in my art. This one did. Sometimes, a painting will take me to my bare soul; I have to surrender to the painting, before I can go on. Some times, the painting paints itself.

Petal Tips! I painted this as one of a series. The previous lesson on the golden apples is exactly the way I painted this one. Look at that one to learn the technique.  It is a large canvas, 24 X 48. It is horizontal instead of vertical. I painted the fruit in both paintings larger than life size, I wanted a bold statement. I laid out the design extending the fruit to edge. Very little background fills the space.

I made all the pears golden red, except the one in the front which is laying down instead of standing and I added dark green with a little light green for a highlight. The green comes forward from the red pear behind it. This is called pushing colors. The rim of the platter is god and also comes forward.

Meanderings~~~~ A songwriter said once to me when I asked him how he wrote songs on a whim. I told him that they seemed to come naturally.

He said, "Some times I write out of the pain and depth of my soul. I have to dig deep, almost out of a melancholic state or a state of frustration. Other times it comes out of the overflow. Painting comes the same way. Like I said, sometimes I work and labor out of the grind of life. Other times it is the grace of God that carries me along. Either way, they both will take me to greater heights. I love best the spontaneous of a painting, but I learn best out of the grind of  learning something new. I pray your hands full of grace and your heart full of love.


No comments:

Post a Comment