The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Lily - On the Edge

This flower was extended from edge to edge, the flower itself becomes the composition and the design. What is the lesson to learn from this?


The Lily (Mixed Media)
 You do not always have to have a background or a foreground.  Most all of my paintings have both, in order to give it depth. This one the flower itself becomes three dimension on a two dimension surface.

Petal Tips! The lines in the petals, all joining in the middle ares the design. Each line leads your eye to inside the flower. This was a mixed media, I started with a sheet of watercolor paper, added gesso. A trick I have learned to do years ago. I will use white gesso, add a color by dipping an old brush in my watercolor paints, I work on a different surface, such as a plastic paper plate.

Don't use your good watercolor brush or your palette. Gesso is like acrylic and is death on your supplies. I add the tinted gesso in places, After it dries, then I begin to use watercolors on top of the tinted gesso. The watercolors serve as a glaze or a transparent layer over the colored gesso.

The gesso will keep the watercolor paints from sinking down and staining the paper. 

Meanderings~~~~ God uses a lot of different kinds of paint, strokes and methods to get the job done in us. Things I have thought was totally wrong, will end up being my salvation. Sometimes, He can not work on us in a conventional way, because we are not conventional.

I have brought on many disturbing problems, then I run to God and ask Him to solve them. He solves them with what I got to work with. Just like gesso, is a cheap acrylic. It is a water base paint used for priming. Whatever it takes to get the job done, God is willing to bend the rules just to show me how much He loves me.

Link: http://www.laurainesnelling.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes He Loves , He Loves Me, There is no He loves me not whenit comes To God!!
    Your Friend Lucero

    ReplyDelete