The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

                             The Moment of the Rose

T. S. Elliot, poet writes, "The moment of the rose and moment of the yew tree are of equal duration". This means to me the completion of the rose and its beauty is in one season, for the yew tree it takes hundreds of years for its completion.

For the rose, even as beautiful as it is, we can easily miss it. It passes by us gently, quietly and quickly, the yew tree stands for years, beckoning to us to turn our heads and enjoy.

I question, is Life made of many moments or is it an ongoing continuous moment? I came to the understanding that we each experience things and bloom in our own way. For one it takes only a season (like the rose), another it takes years (like the yew tree or pine tree). It takes Who God is and ALL that we are for this moment.

Meandering~~~~~ The moment we are complete is in where we are. I believe it isn't at the end of our lives but as we live and how we live in the moment. Have we established His word on this earth as we stand in faith in that moment? Hopefully we have.



This blog is to show the florals I have painted, the moment they spoke to me, the moment when I saw their beauty and felt it necessary to record it as an artist and writer.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Betty! Love the painting! Looks like I'm your first follower! Congratulations on a beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete