The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sit a Spell

Under the Aqua

This chair is one in my line of handpainted chairs. Even though this blog is dedicated to my floral paintings, I thought it would work OK to show some of my floral chairs. This is painted as a pair.

Petal tips! When I first started painting chairs, I thought,"I'll never get all those rungs painted" It took forever and I was using my oil paints out of the tubes.But I have a secret to painting them, keeping down the time I spend on each chair. It is not a secret, but  its working smarter than harder. Al, my husband, sands them, repairs them, and when he has about 7 or eight chairs ready, he sprays them all with enamel paint, turning them upside down and spraying the bottom of the seat and the rungs. I use all different colors for the base coat.  Then I start painting it with my good oil paints and if I don't entirely cover the whole surface, it doesn't show. I use the base coat as part of the design  After painting them all, then we put on 6 or 7 coats of polyeuthene. This chair has  been in the weather but the polyeuthene is the key to keeping it beautiful and protected.

I look for chairs where ever. I am looking for unique shapes, one of a kind or two of a kind. They are easier to find than a match set of four.

These chairs can be seen at Lorraine's in Clovis, New Mexico. You can also check out her blog for more photos of my handpainted furniture.

Sit a Spell, meader into the corner of my mind!

Why don't we take time to sit down and enjoy the things our hands have found to do? When I have friends over, then is when I seem to take time to enjoy with others what I've done. Some how it is their response that is more satisfying than actually enjoying these alone.

I just decided to name this chair and will in the future write the name of the chair on the bottom of the seat.

Walking in the sunlight: Or sitting in the Sonlight. It will give us a new perspective. It gives us heaven's view point.





Not Alone

Swirlling

No comments:

Post a Comment