The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Iris in Bloom

Iris in Bloom

Petal Tips! This watercolor is rendered, wet on wet, on 300 pound paper, 11X14. I love the flow of colors in and out of each other. I made sure I saved the white, then I cut in the background with dark blue and paynes gray. The problem with many paintings, they range in value between 4 and 6, they lack dimension and are flat. When soneone asks me what is wrong with their painting, it is usually the values.



Meanderings~~~~~~Oh that we would all bloom as freely as the iris. It comes back every year without coaxing. It demands nothing but to be allowed to bloom. It grows staight in its own beauty. Should we not allow every person to bloom as they are intended to be as they  grow straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment