The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cut flowers

Oil, 24 X 30

Petal Pits! This floral is one of my favorites. I guess everyone is my favorite. When I paintit, I fall in love with it.The colors are rich and bright. I was able to control the colors by working compliments together. Red roses against green foliage bring out the roses. I was pushing colors for the focal point. The water in the vases tells us the flowers are freshly cut and alive.

This oil is done with brush and palette knife. I love the combination, the background is feathered and remains in the back in a hazy feeling. The roses and daisies are  executed with the knife, bringing them forward.

The white strokes with a brush in the foreground could indicate a table cloth or a doily.

The short brushstrokes on the foliage gives direction to the design.

Meanderings~~~~~! Direct opposites are what we need to bring out and enhance us.

No comments:

Post a Comment