The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cabbage Roses


Cabbage Roses in Oil
Cabbages roses are my favorite, not only to look at but to paint. I have painted a bunch of them. This table was  prepared in teal green and painted in a tradional style in oil. The table is approximately 20 X 40. Look closer and you will see bees and butterflies.

Meandering~~~~~~~ Sometimes, we do not need words for something so beautiful. When I see the cabbage rose, I almost think it is a sacred moment. Something too beautiful for words. There have been times in my worship in the Lord, there is nothing but thanksgiving that comes over me. I just want to keep saying thank you, thank you, thank you.  Maybe that's how I feel with the rose, I just want to thank it for its beauty.




No comments:

Post a Comment