The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Peek a Boo

Petal Tips! This sunflower is a watercolor on 300# paper (11X14). It feels like it  peeked outside of one of its petals. Can we really hide behind who we are? We shouldn't want to. We carry the beauty of the Divine. The sunflower grows wild around here. I noticed when we built a road on our property years ago, the soil was dug up and loosened away from the dry ground it was a part of.  It was wonderful to drive down that road all hedged in by the bright yellow. That's the way the Spirit works, when the stoney heart is broken up in our garden, it gives way for the planted seeds  to become what they intended to be.

If we hid ourselves, then we are apparently ashamed or feel the darkness that coveed us. God calls us his Garden enclosed. This is  for any one who has surrendered to his answer, Jesus Christ, the Son of God. He is the light and will take our darkness. When darkness is brought to the light, it has no power over us.

Even all creation travails for the revealing of the sons of God. The Divine reveals Himself in us, his garden.
Peek a Boo

 I love to paint sunflowers. I put the  big money in the center.  I water the paper slightly, drop a little ultramarine blue in the center,  I save a white spot (which is the pure white paper) for the highlight, I drop a little orange in the middle also and  add burnt sienna to the edges and burnt umber around the circumferance of the center.

If you notice, I paint purple next to the yellow, which is the compliment and pushes the color of the yellow petal. This also enables it to come forward giving it a third dimension.

In the center of the petals I keep dark, I add a little orange and burnt sienna in it. This causes the eye to be deceived and it feels like the flower is cupped and not flat. We must have those darks next to the light to get that focal point.

Bursting Forth together

This bouquet of sunflowers bursts forth on the watercolor #300 paper, (15 X 20). It is the purple around the yellow flowers that make them come alive. Each sunflower is turned a different way, and each center has it's own personality.

Meanderings~~~~~: We growr best in the sunlight. We only grow in the Sonlight when we surrender to the Son. God bless you for being in my garden.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment