The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Crystal Clear

Somethings are crystal clear; the way a garden grows, the way an artist' expresses one's self and the way friendships ought to be. In this garden  of social networking, I wonder what it is all about, how much I want to give to the computer and what will come from all of this. So I don't go there, so far into outer space. I just continue logging  my art, making sense of what I have done through my life of painting, how I can help someone else accomplish their dreams and bring better and a higher expression of life to them.

So in my garden I have planted seeds of friendship, talent and lots of Bible studying. Friendships are my mirror, talent is my expression and Bible study is my Life. Hopefully I am balanced with just the right plants to attract and nourish others.

Crystal Clear (Oil 16 X 20)
Petal Tips:  This oil painting started with a thin layer of paint to make the design. If I know I am going to do a palette knife painting, I always get rid of the white canvas. You can spend a lot of time scraping the knife to cover all the white  nibs of a canvas.  I needed to figure out where to place the flowers and the light. Once I painted in the design, then I began building up paint with a knife. I wanted to make sure I had a light source and where the light would hit. I wanted to bring it out in the crystal vase. Crystal is  multi-facet , with a lot of light, also the reflection of the big poppies it is holding and inside of the vase. 

Meanderings~~~~ Is this not the way we are which is crystal clear? So show what we reflect from others, where our light source is coming from and what is planted on the inside.   All of this shows a beautiful bouquet as a witness of God's faithfulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment