The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thistles among the flowers (WC 1/2 sheet)

I noticed the thistles and I thought, every garden has weeds. It is a given, It is what we contend with. Either they grow in our hearts or around us. It is a part of this fallen creation.

Thistles among the flowers
The purple thistles in the foreground are called "devil weeds". They are beautiful with their purple heads, but they are ruthless. Plant one and you have thousands. 

Petal Tips!  This watercolor was done in a couple of hours.  I look at it now and I think, I should go back into that foreground and enhance the purple thistles.  It would make it much more dramatic. And I will. I learn as much as from what is wrong as what is right. I painted everything around the white flowers, knowing I was saving the white for the subject.  The subject was just there when eveything else was painted. 

The white flowers was just a spot of yellow with a half-moon stroke of burnt sienna to tuck the middle of the flower down into the petals. A stroke of watery gray-blue gave it shadows and they were painted.

Meanderings~~~~~ As I say, I can learn as much as from what is wrong as what is right.  The Lord has exposed my heart to me and I have seen the thistles growing. Some from the past and some from the current.  Some times they are beautiful purple blooms but, let them grow and they will take over.  The same is when we have a bitter heart, unforgiveness or coveteousness.  You name it, anything the devil plants, it will destroy you.  It will choke out the beauty of the true flower which you are. 

For the painting sake, the thistles need to be stronger in the foreground, for the heart's sake, they just need to be pulled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment