The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Season of Harvest (Veg. WC 16X20)

This time of the year we receive the bounty of harvest. Fall brings summer's fruition. That's the way we grow.  The season we are in, brings the next stage of our lives. We need to walk through each season, just as a garden needs not only the beauty of flowers but the sustenance of vegetables and fruit.

Season of Harvest
Petal Tips! This watercolor went together with such ease.  I love Charles Reid's loose,  counting-each-stroke technique, which  keeps the painting clean and the colors pure.  In order to do this, I loaded the brush full of red and painted the tomatoes, leaving a white space for highlight.

The cauliflower was done with dirty diluted watercolor from the palette.  It takes a lot of water.  Again the egg plant took one or two strokes. I liked the design, It's almost an upside V.  I made vertical strokes coming down in the background, and then I made horizontal strokes in the foreground, laying down the table top.

Meanderings~~~~ A student, Jean Shad,  brought in some vegetables for one of the art classes.  I just had to paint it with her. Other people's ideas feed into us, and hopefully what we are thinking and feeling will enhance how they are looking at life.  I probably would not have thought of vegetables.  But I am so glad that the student had the thought of bringing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment