The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Monday, September 6, 2010

He loves me, He loves me, He loves me!!

Daisies grow wild here in the country near and around our home. They thrive when everything else dies for lack of water. This year has been a beautiful year,  it has rained almost every day. Everything is green and in full bloom and the daisies are also enjoying the rains from heaven.

He loves me, He loves me, He loves me! Watercolor (11X14)
Some flowers are quietly beautiful. I believe that is the way the daisy is. It doesn't wave big bellowing blooms of crimson, or demand attention like the iris with its straight stalk, or tower over like the bright yellow sunflower, it just grows and grows beautiful.

Petal Tips! This is a  small watercolor, but it packs a certain zing. When I painted this, this is one that just happened. I drew in the daisies, left the white paper and began dealing with the negative space.  . 
I added a little blue in the whites, just to give the flowers dimension, for instance, I added blue to the right flower under the center and it popped the center. It made it look like it was standing out and casting a shadow.

The centers were yellow naples, raw sienna and dark brown in a half  moon under the center which tucks the petals under the  center.

Meanderings!  The title was adopted from my friend, Betty Lucero who taught on He loves me, He loves me, He loves me. There is never a moment that He doesn't love us. It is not a luck of the draw or a selective few, but He loves all because tha is His nature, and He rains down His love. The rains came this summer and made everything beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment