The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Richness in Bounty (Oil 16X20)

Richness in Bounty (Oil 16 x20)
I have so many paths to take in my garden of hues. Light, flowing watercolors and dark, rich bountiful colors in oils, which way to go? I guess I will take this path.

Petal Tips! This oil painting is executed differently than my others. I started with a gessoed board, added black acrylic with a brush. I kept the black background smooth, I didn't want it to compete with the subject and yet it became a part of the subject.  I wanted the black to play off of as I took the palette knife and began to carve into the black, roses and other flowers. Each stroke with the knife was precisely laid in heavy paint, lifting it in texture. Even the strokes on the leaves make the circle of design. I love this one. The red/pinkish rose in the center and the spot on the vase is the lightest in value, which makes everything else recede into the dark background..

Meanderings~~~~~~ I am reminded of Genesis 1 when everything was dark and void and as if God took his finger and swirled it around the universe and carved into terre (earth)the colors of beauty.  We know He didn't need to do anything but to speak, and his Words of Life brought heaven's harmony to earth. Then He said, It is good! Then the Fall of His creation brought darkness again. The Light of the World came and all of darkness and all creation receded in the presence of God. I could go on and on, but I just know it is a beautiful world when we walk in the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment