The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Upward Pull - Tulips

I thought I would step out of my traditional paintings and bring some of my comtemporary pieces. My art has had several major shifts in style over the years. I am actually known as an impressionist. My art started very detailed and has come into a freedom of expression. As I have become free in the Lord, so my art has taken the same turn. Some of you will love this style and others will feel I have taken steps backwards.

Upward Pull (Mixed Medium)
It has been an upward pull to change how I was viewing art, especially my own art. It takes stepping out of one's comfort zone and experimenting with other styles. In the process of coming into this place, I had an emotional breakdown for an afternoon, a total melt down. Everything I did, I felt I was back at square one and I knew nothing.  I had painted for forty years and I felt like a first grader all over again.

Now it is hard for me to go back to the realistic and traditional way I use to paint. It boxes me in. I want to express the mood, the feeling more than the subject.

Petal Tips! These tulips are called Upward Pull. The light is pulling the plant and insisting that it grows. the vertical strokes are pulling upward, the diaganol strokes are causing tension. This painting is on watercolor paper and acrylic paint is used to develop the design.

Meanderings~~~~~ Anytime we began to feel like the box is too small, it takes a risk to leave the known for the unknown. It is the only way we can continue to grow as people and in our talent. The Light within us is moving us into new areas. Afterwards, we know we can't go back, the box becomes too smal and if we do we deceive ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment