The Moment of the Rose

Welcome to my garden with hues of magenta, quin gold, crimson and colbalt blue. You will find yourself among the roses of my life; meaningful people, paintings, words of enlightenment and truths.

Let's find a bench in the shade where we can talk. You are part of my completion and hopefully I am yours. Let's take time to smell the flowers and throw them once in awhile in appreciation and indebtedness. You have adorned my garden. I am most thankful.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Simple Things Speak Loudly

Which flower should I pick today? They are all so beautiful.  Isn't that the way it is? We look at our children and see how different they are but each one has a fragrence about them, a simple beauty, an uniqueness, and we want to pick them all.


SimpleThings Speak Loudly (WC)
 So I am going to pick this simply boutique and put them in this funky picture.

Petal Tips! This is a pure watercolor, nothing added, not even pencil marks. I saved the whites where I knew I would be putting the pitcher and white flowers. I just let the water, paint and paper do the work. The looseness makes it a true watercolor.

The white flowers were made by the color around them. They just happened as I added color for the other flowers and green foalige.

I put clean water on the pot after the background dried, then I dropped in shadows and colors to reflect the things around them. The charm with this, is not the perfection but the washy look of a watercolor.

Meanderings~~~~ Why are we so uptight with life? This painting just proves that letting life go and walking in the liquid flow of the Spirit, we will have unexpectant surprises. The thing I am learning these days, is that to be flexible to God's call, we must forget form and become liquid.

I understand we need a certain amount of form to bring order, there is a balance. God Bless You 

No comments:

Post a Comment